With the evolution of multi-protocol label switching (MPLS) which provide greater control over network parameters such as bandwidth, latency and availability, Virtual Private Networks(VPN) are poised to herald a radical shift in the world of network. MPLS VPN has emerged as a trusted WAN connectivity option to replace conventional network based on point to point links. MPLS based VPNs reduce customer networking complexity, costs. Rather than setting up and managing individual point-to-point circuits between each office using pair of leased lines, MPLS VPN customers need to provide only one connection from their office to all other affiliated campuses.
ERNET now offers MPLS VPN as services to offer assured bandwidth upgrades to its customers without having to make significant investments. Video Conferencing, Voice Over IP (VoIP) and a host of other value added services can be used over MPLS VPN in closed user group.
Advantages of MPLS VPN over other Technologies:
- Make the service very simple for customers to use even if they lack experience in IP routing.
- Make the service very scalable and flexible to facilitate large-scale deployment.
- Provide a reliable and amenable service, offering SLA to customers
- Capable of meeting a wide range of customer requirements, including security, quality of Service (QOS) and any-to-any connectivity.
- Capable of offering fully managed services to customers.
PE : ERNET PoP Equipment
CE: Customer Premises Equipment